I've noticed that people have gotten issues where Beardlib wouldn't download all the files for a new Visual Fixes update, if you think something is missing or crashing please reinstall the mod.
Requires SuperBLT & Beardlib. Extract into mod_overrides.
Visual Fixes aims to be the visual counter-part of The Fixes, where-as instead of fixing lua files, all this mod does is fix errors in the games various textures, materials and models. With some slight edits to the games code as well that are also purely for visuals.
This mod aims to be an improvement for the whole game, so this mod edits quite a large variety of things. So please be cautionary that this mod might conflict with other mods.
Lua fixes: (Open images in a new tab to properly view changes.)
Fixed a weird issue with the AMCAR where if you Equip the Orthgon Upper Receiver, it won't remove the AMCAR Upper Receiver which results in two Receivers clipping into eachother. (Code from Tangerine Paint, used with permission)
Fixed an issue with weapons that have speedbolts like the Pronghorn and Amaroq 900 Sniper Rifles where if you Aim Down Sights the hand cycling the bolt becomes heavily desynced. (Code from DMC, used with permission)
Material_config fixes: (Open images in a new tab to properly view changes.)
Almost all metal doors are missing their GSMA material texture inside their respective material_configs.
This glass storefront reflects the wrong cubemap. Making it stick out like a sore thumb.
|With Global Cubemap
|Without Global Cubemap
This building that's viewable outside from First World Bank's offices doesn't have a correct render template to display it's textures properly.
|Correct Render Template
|Without Correct Render Template
The Bolt on the Grom Sniper Rifle isn't using it's Custom Color texture so by default it prefers to the non-custom color textures.
The Grievky Compensator on the Grom Sniper Rifle also isn't using it's Custom Color texture so by default it prefers to the non-custom color textures.
The Concussion Grenade uses the wrong render template in first person, resulting in the grenade technically being on the "wrong layer" behind the viewmodel.
The Campbell 74 LMG is missing references to it's material textures in third person, resulting in the weapon appearing very shiny and oil-y in third person.
|With GSMA materials
|Without GSMA materials
The Amaroq 900 Dire speedbolt is using an non-existant render template for third person, resulting in the bolt appearing void black. (Even on AMD GPU's)
|Corrected Render Template
|Broken Render Template
.Object fixes: (Open images in a new tab to properly view changes.)
Various props in-game has been made to cast shadows and to cast more accurate shadows of said props.
|With Visual Fixes
|Without Visual Fixes
This storefront just across the road of the Branch Bank doesn't have glass.
|With Visual Fixes
|Without Visual Fixes
.Model fixes: (Open images in a new tab to properly view changes.)
The Speedpull Magazine for all CAR type weapons has a very obvious smoothing error, making the magazine look dented.
|Currently broken Smoothing
The UV's on the Drum Magazine for the Steakout 12G were completely different. Making the plastic part of the model look broken.
|Currently broken UV's
There's a seam on the right side of the AK Rifle's magazine. (Thanks Masavik for the fix!)
|Currently visible seam
The Tie on the Long Gentleman clips outside the vest. (Yes this isn't intentional)
The back of the Casual Formal has a hole in the back due to weird spine weighting.
The Winter Camo Parka incorrectly uses the Tactical BDU's GSMA texture file instead of it's own.
The textures used when you beat the Taxman during undercover magically shaves and regrows his beard.
Fixed various baked shadows in Four Stores.
Fixed various baked shadows in Escape Park at night. (Thanks Redflame for the edits!)
Restored the Old Lootbag textures, instead of reverting the changes they made for the lootbags back in 2021 they instead remade the textures which didn't look like how they used to. Also an additional fix is the missing Player Lootbag textures that get's applied onto players. (This texture was deleted from the games files for some reason) Thanks to RainbowFishcakes for grabbing the files.
Or alternatively, check the changelogs! (Since i get lazy to make images for these sometimes.)
- DX11 Shaders Fix - Whenever an update comes out sometimes materials are displayed incorrectly with that mod installed, if that's the case if you happen to have DX11 Shaders installed please make sure if it's either Visual Fixes fault or DX11 Shaders fault.
- No Forced Mip Values - This mod edits a bunch of material_config files that Visual Fixes also touches so there's bound to be conflicts. I would recommend to see what files conflicts and delete the corresponding in either Visual Fixes or No Forced Mip Values.
- Optimized World - This mod was deleted from ModWorkShop, but please be weary for those who still have it installed. (I'd recommend to uninstall it to begin with)
Mods that changes Map Environments - This is a low hanging fruit here, just be safe.
If you think something is conflicting with this mod, double check the mods and this mods files to see if they're the same.
Highly Recommended Mods alongside Visual Fixes:
- The Fixes by andole & Dom. - This mod corrects a lot of base game bugs and crashes, a must have. You can think of it as the Unofficial Patch for PAYDAY 2.
- Stop Painting My Stuff by MrVavlo. - Fixes up a bunch of weapons having certain parts of weapons being painted on when applying skins/custom colors. Such as bullets or certain parts of weapons being painted.
- Correct/Fixed Normal maps by Columbus. - Makes a bunch of normal maps way more apparent and is given actual depth rather than just being completely flat.
- Weapon Shadows by Hoppip. - Gives a bunch of weapons shadows.
- Alternate Ordnance Bag HUD Icon by RainbowFishcakes. - Makes the HUD icon for the Ordnance bag consistent with the other deployable icons. The vanilla one is ugly as fuck anyway so please for the love of god grab this.
- AK Correct Magpul Assist (Speed Pull) Mags by >:3. - Makes the speedpull magazine the same magazine for that corresponding AK, for example you'll keep the waffle magazine if you use the speedpull magazine rather than being defaulted to the AK Rifle's magazine.
- Original Bipods by >:3. - Restores some LMG's original Bipods before Starbreeze forced LMG's to use the same Bipod model.
- First Person Gloves for Third Person by HedyL. - Replaces the laughable 2013 era gloves you see when wearing the default suit in Third Person with the much higher quality gloves in First Person, this also has head mesh tweaks, Armour refits and weighting fixes.
- Default Gloves Replace Wrinkle Gloves by Nelson01023 and Dorpenka. - Replaces the ugly "Wrinkled Gloves" with the Criminal Gloves from First Person.
- Better Sleeves & Fixes by Dorpenka. - Makes First Person sleeves from outfits the same length and fixes a ton of weighting issues with them.
- Glove Tweaks by Dorpenka. - Fixes some weird issues with gloves, such as weighting issue fixes, texture tweaks to make them look nicer and model edits.