Okay, here's a list of mods you could add:
- Bag Carrying Tilt Remover: https://modworkshop.net/mod/16487
- No Cloaker Camera Movement: https://modworkshop.net/mod/24339 (could be confusing for new players ???)
- No Screen Shake (while shooting): https://modworkshop.net/mod/22471
- These mods from TdlQ: (may be licenced, idk)
- Drag and Drop Inventory: https://pd2mods.z77.fr/drag_and_drop_inventory.html
- Less Inacurate Weapon Laser: https://pd2mods.z77.fr/less_inaccurate_weapon_laser.html
- Rename Invertory Pages: https://pd2mods.z77.fr/rename_inventory_pages.html
I'll go in the same order you listed everything:
- Interesting, added to the TODO list!
- I don't know what to think about it, I think the camera movement is there to give more emphasis on the cloaker and the kick it's dealing on you, so it may make the game feel less immersive if someone is looking to have that kind of experience. I'll consider it long-term though, added to the TODO list! If I do add it I'll make it toggleable for this same reason.
- Doesn't the already included No Screen Shake stop all kinds of camera shake? It works like that in my game and, from a code standpoint, it should! I've attached a picture of the 1 line of code Sniff's Utils has in relation to this. If you can't understand it, it just overrides the camera shaker function to always output 0 so it never activates.
- I would rather adding stuff only from MWS as those mod creators might not want to put their things here, even if they don't include it in the license (in this case there's none but keep reading). Don't get me wrong, they're really good mods! I'd just rather not to take chances.
IDK, the screen shake is completely disabled on my game when i have that turned on in the Sniff's Utils options and completely functional when it's turned off, I don't know why it's labeled as not working for shooting in the mod's page. None of my installed mods even touch the player camera at all so it's most likely that the mod is just described incorrectly or that the description is outdated for some reason.
In short, if it works like that for you as well it's because it justs works :D
if you're keen on taking suggestions the auto equip ICTV mod from dr newbie would fit in here
dont get me wrong this is really cool but... is this even allowed?
I guess? It's been on the top of the main page of MWS multiple times and nobody has complained so far... I just double checked all the mod links in here for any licensing problems and nothing seems to be against reuploading either. If this has gone this far it's probably in the clear but I try to look out for anything wrong when I check for new mods to add and with included ones.
Thanks for the nice comment as well :D
Hmm, it seems too aggressive against newer players given that it removes the difference between press/hold in interaction prompts. I'd rather adding mods that make the game less annoying in general for all types of players like SteamOverFBI, Reconnect to server, Keep Assigned Skill Sets or Sticky Interaction.
You can always download any mod you want and hook its lua file/s into mod.txt in the Sniff's Utils folder and it should work as long as it doesn't conflict with anything else. The only problem is that mods with configuration screens are trickier to add without making a global settings menu and hooking everything up there but, realistically, you can add whatever you want! I'll consider taking that step forward in a future release if it's worth the effort.
Thanks for the suggestion anyway, I really appreciate people showing interest in something as personal as this! I'll probably make suggestion guidelines in the near future that indicate what mods are most likely to be added into this release, and also mention how to add more mods manually if you want to have a specific thing for yourself.