This mod does NOT fix Cutsom OST mod itself.
All it does, is automatically converts tracks from "CustomOSTTracks" folder into BeardLib music module tracks.
Due to how this mod works, you will have to restart your game twice after adding new track folder(s) to properly add them to your music collection. You will get a notification in the main menu after adding a new track, to remind you that another restart is required.
ReLUA is recommended for this - it's a keybind that restarts your game, similarly to SuperBLT's "restart game" button in the mod updates manager. It's also useful if you want to restart your game after updating a BeardLib mod.
Technical explanation as to why double restart is needed:
This mod automatically adjusts main.xml file which holds all the information on custom tracks for BeardLib to read. Problem is, BeardLib reads this info, before COSTF makes adjustments to it, and mod priority doesn't help with that.
That's why this mod checks if main.xml file holds same tracks before and after adjustments - to notify user that files were added/removed and suggest to restart the game. Starting a heist also works since BeardLib re-reads xml files during the loading screen.
This mod does not convert stealth tracks, or tracks that were added with a single file (ones that don't have their own folder and are just 1 file).
Stealth tracks might be added later. If you know any stealth-only track mods please leave a link to it in the comments.
#### How to install:
- Remove "CustomOSTMod" folder from /mods
- Add "CustomOST_Fixer" folder to /mods
- Move "CustomOSTTracks" to "CustomOST_Fixer" folder (if you didn't have "CustomOSTTracks" folder before, create it in fixer's folder and place your music mods there)
### UPSIDES AND DOWNSIDES
- Tracks work on all heists and should not be broken
- Really old Custom OST mods that were never updated for BeadLib can be used properly
- "Fade in" and "fade out" properties of tracks will not be transferred. Might change how some tracks sound, but most likely won't be noticeable.
- None of the Custom OST's features work. Honestly, except for the pre-load of the music files, everything else was kinda pointless to the end user if all they wanted, is to listen to a specific music mod.
- All tracks added this way will freeze your game for a few milliseconds when they start playing (for how long depends on your hardware and track's file size). This is a problem with BeardLib's module(or XAudio?), and can not be avoided. Only way to make it less annoying is to make music mods with smaller music file sizes, but that is up to people who make music mods. This should not really bother you that much, unless you have really poor hardware, in that case it might get annoying.
My other mod Music Volume Mixer, might also be useful to you, if you want to customize volume for each track individually in game. Or to play tracks at any time.
This mod is not compatible with:
- Shuffle Play by vulkar97 (Thanks Noobslayer for reporting)