Allows you to customize volume of any track individually, including custom BeardLib music. Can also be used as an advanced jukebox.
Sometimes you download custom music and it feels too quite/loud for your usual music volume setting, so you go and adjust it, but then you forget you adjusted it, and when a new track starts playing it blasts your ears or it's too quiet. This mod will try to prevent these uncomfortable situations.
Note that after installing this mod, your music volume will be set to 20%, to prevent issues.
Is CustomOST supported?
CustomOST tracks can be customized, and their volume values will be saved for the next time you play them, BUT you may not be able to listen to them while you are customizing them, or trying to play them in MVM's menus.
I highly recommend you use Custom OST Fixer for better compatibility.
How does it work?
You go to options->sound->volume mixer and adjust any music track's volume. After that, anytime that track is played it will play at volume that you set it to.
You can use MVM's menu to select any track to play, at any time, at any phase. Pretty much a really good jukebox.
This works both in menus and in-game, but in-game track's phases are looped only whenever you select a specific phase to play. Otherwise track will adjust to whatever your current game phase is. More info in the video bellow.
Note: tracks that are inappropriate for your heist type will break if played in automatic mode (a.k.a 'current game phase'). So if you decide to play Razormind on Shadow Raid, your track will go mute when your game phase switches. Same happens if stealth-only tracks are played on normal heists in automatic mode.
This mod also fixes 2 issues with BeardLib's music playback:
- Custom Stealth-only music that was added via BeardLib (such as Neighbours from Hell used in the video bellow) doesn't correctly play when starting stealth-only heists, and in some other similar playback requesting scenarios.
- During pre-game lobby screen (a.k.a briefing), if you select custom music to play in your jukebox (one to the right of loadouts) and then go back to loadouts your pre-planning music won't play. MVM fixes this issue. HOWEVER. Do not use custom music for your preplanning(a.k.a briefing) screen. If selected music file is too big, and then you start a heist with custom heist music, xAudio may clear it's cache before starting the heist, which CAN cause desync issues for clients, since you are loading music instead of sync'ing stuff to other players. All of this is easily avoidable if you just use any of vanilla PD2's music for the pre-planning screen. Hopefully this is not too much of a trouble for you.
Video preview of usage/track customization:
- Music shuffle mods (or such options in mods like VanillaHud) may cause incorrect music volume plays. If you experience such issues, leave a comment, i might be able to fix them.
- CustomOST tracks most likely will be broken. Use CustomOST fixer as a replacement for COST.
- Selecting tracks that are not appropriate to your heist type (for example using stealth tracks on normal heists or vice versa), and using them in automatic mode (named 'current game phase') doesn't work correctly, because game phases are different for stealth-only and normal heists. Can't be fixed, due to the nature of music in PD2.
This is (at least from my research) the only mod that gives you this kind of control over your PD2 music library. Hope you will enjoy using it :)
- Simplified Chinese - provided by Arknights
- Spanish - provided by Un aweonao
Language is based on your superBLT's language setting.
If you want to help translating this mod:
In the 'lang' folder there are different language files, you can base your translations on one of them.
But note this: headers have empty space after their names, so that text appears in the middle of that button. Check how your translated text looks in game before sending translations in. Message me on steam (link in profile) or leave a comment with your translations, name of the language, and also if you want to, any specific links to your profiles, be it steam or whatever.