Custom OST is a simple, lightweight mod that allows you to add tracks you love during heist with dynamic volume management, this mod is inspired by the BeardLib Music Module.
"But BreadLib already handle that, why developing this mod ?"
Because BeardLib is a framework, and this framework is very powerful but very heavy to load, so it's a bit overkill (lol) when you just want to add few music to your game. So this mod is design to be lightweight and optimised, with a better music integration, and simple to use.
WARNING : The mod use the XAudio API so make sure your OGG files aren't compressed with FFmpeg codec
- Payday 2 (The game)
- Super BLT
Current features :
- Complete dynamic music volume (i.e. when bain talks or when you get flashed the music volume gets low)
- Add a track with 4 OGG files and a JSON formated text file OR with just one OGG file
- Add standards and stealth tracks
- Alternative event music file with configurable chance
- Compatibility with OGG file based Beardlib Music Mods
- Control each phase music volume and fade transition
- Optimized and dynamic track loading
Upcomming features :
- Many audio format (MP3, WAV and FLAC) compatibility
- Compatibility with old Beardlib Music Mods
- Optimize track playing
- Synchronous music playing with live mix
- Unzip the mod archive, it will produce 2 folders : "CustomOSTMod" and "CustomOSTTracks"
- Move those directories to the "Payday 2/mods" directory /!\ NOT IN MOD_OVERRIDES /!\
- Put the music mods and tracks files in the "CustomOSTTracks" directory
- Enjoy it !
You can download example tracks :
- "It's Payday" : https://modworkshop.net/mod/27458
- "Bloody Tears" : https://modworkshop.net/mod/27567
Video tutorial and demonstration :
/!\ THIS IS AN ALPHA VERSION, THE MOD MAY NOT WORK AND CAUSES GAME CRASHS /!\