The Intro Cinematics mod tries to improve the cinematics experience of Payday 2.
It adds over 70 hand made cinematics to the start of each heist, replacing the normally dull black screen.
Each animation uniquely made for that heist, showing the action moving along with the audio.
All these heist also support Crime Spree, showing your current progress!
This mod has been built with modability in mind.
Any map maker can easily add their own simple animation using the provided XML workflow.
Or if you would like something more fancy, cinematics can also be added programmatically. Allowing for ever more custom animations, models, lighting, etc.
Check out the wiki
How to install
- After downloading the mod, use a program such as 7zip or WinRAR to extract the main folder of the mod.
- Drop that folder into the
mods(NOT MOD_OVERRIDES) folder which is supposed to be in the game's installation folder (don't know where that is? click here).
Common issues / info
- I keep seeing a black screen / its skipping after 2 seconds!
- Disable any "Skip intro" or "Blackscreen" settings in your hud / menu mods.
- My textures are yellow and blue!
- The blackscreen is normally used for loading, so what you are seeing is the game loading.
- My textures are invisible and I can see through walls.
- Most map optimization / FPS optimization mods are not compatible with Intro Cinematics.
- Why is Language not supported?
- Either the language is not supported by Payday 2 itself.
- Or when it is, it is probably because the language has many characters which the game can't load at the resolution used for the holograms.
- Is this mod compatible with this?
- If its a mod that modifies the black screen it will not work. Changing the skull icon, difficulty icon, difficulty text will work however.
- Most mods will work just fine (Just try it!), unless mentioned above.
Created with ❤️ by ThuverX
Simplified Chinese fix by SummonHIM
Spanish - Latin America fix by The Joy of Heisting and Dani
Tested by MrVavlo
Tested by Mr. Fat
Tested by Roger Murtaugh (On Discord)
Tested by Sevey (On Discord)
Tested by v. (On Discord)
Custom heist used for Testing "Harvest & Trustee: Southern Branch" by Trooperjack