.dds to .texture

hi, i was wondering how i can convert a .dds file back to a .texture file. I can change a .texture file to .dds but not the other way around. Someone help?

Replies

hi,

The problem probably comes from the compression when saving the dds file.
What tool did you use to edit and save the dds?

Just to confim: If you convert a .texture to a .dds then convert it back to a .texture without any edition, is it working better ?

With Photoshop CS6 I use these settings and it works fine.

I think he means purely the file extensions being hidden once they are recognised by his computer
.dds is recognised as a photoshop extension, and doesn't show up at the end of a file name.

What you want to do is go into your folder options, and somewhere it'll have a tickbox marked "show file extension for known file types"
Tick that box, and you will be good to go

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/show-hide-file-name-extensions#show-hide-file-name-extensions=windows-7

I don't understand exactly the issue; if it's doing what AJ says I'd suggest listening to him.

If you're talking about making the .dds into .texture again; rename, change the .dds into .texture again (It'll ask you if you want to change the extension and give you some noise about it becoming unstable, just click yes and it'll work as a .texture again)

.dds and .Texture are the same thing just with a different file extension; I know that because I was looking at this a while back myself and have recently started doing mask pattern/material mod_overrides.

I can't get the window to change the extension to pop up, there's no noise no nothing. Is it something wrong with my Pc because it doesn't seem to work on my other device too.

I compressed my .dds file using winRAR and then changed the extension in there xD

hi, i was wondering how i can convert a .dds file back to a .texture file. I can change a .texture file to .dds but not the other way around. Someone help?
Hey i was wondering too... and iam fokin smart bro xD i´just tried to pack it into .rar package via winrar... then i renamed it in winrar from .dds to .texture and it fucking worked!!! no need to thank me i just wanna tell u the easy way to help u :D

Hey i was wondering too... and iam fokin smart bro xD i´just tried to pack it into .rar package via winrar... then i renamed it in winrar from .dds to .texture and it ******* worked!!! no need to thank me i just wanna tell u the easy way to help u :D
oh my fricken god

oh, almighty elder who hath now relayed thy wisdom, I exclaim my happiness at haven being given the knowledge of the gods

35 855