This is a tool intended to be used by mod developers to troubleshoot issues with users of their mod.
What does it do?
The tool does the following things:
- Creates a separate log file that contains only data of the last lua state (Due to technical reasons at the moment, I cannot replicate BLT's log to 100% including the C++ logs). Should make it a few times easier to find relevant information.
- (What the SBLT plugin does at the moment) Copies the crash.txt and full log from mods/logs from your local appdata for easy access.
- Create a file named data.txt that contains all mods that the user has (BLT, BeardLib, mod overrides)
What do I do with it?
If someone has issues with your mod (like a crash for example), you can ask them to install this mod, crash again, and then send contents of mods/TroubleShooter/EnterHere to you so you can see if there's something wrong.
- You should not keep this in your game after the issue is resolved. You can move the mod out of mods or delete it.
- The mod can be useful for mod developers also since it makes a smaller log file and moves the crashlog to a place that is very easy to access.
- Figure out somehow to hook into BLT's log function from C++ so we can produce a far better short log (possibly even a better log file???)
- Better crashlog??