Removing the burn mark on Wick's gloves
Wrench 
I've always remained a bit perfectionistic when it comes to certain things
For the White Suits mod, Wick has a different set of gloves that are more Gray, there's a reason for this but i can't be bothered to say it right now
Anyway, i think we all are aware that Wick's gloves have some kind of burn mark on them with the default, making them look a bit more rough in light
Well, i removed the Alpha of these gloves, but even still the effect remains, making the gloves look different from what they should be
[Image: 4D15934075E75E6EB54C499498D1C21D45471CE1]
I am pretty sure i used to be able to not have this effect, but i can't remember what
Does anyone have any idea where this effect is located so i can deal with it?
You need to mess around with the alpha layer aswell as the nm texture.
(05-23-2015, 01:28 PM)LASTBULLET_GREAT BIG BUSHY BEARD Wrote: You need to mess around with the alpha layer aswell as the nm texture.

Well the Alpha layer is pretty much done, as i made it fully Black so it doesn't apply anything (Kinda prefer the gloves without shine on them tbh)
Which NM would i have to work with, cause i don't think Wick's gloves actually have their own NM
find the file blank.nm and replace the gloves nm with that one.
if that doesnt help then you will need to remove chromatic abberation mod
(05-25-2015, 12:25 AM)Toastsuto Wrote: find the file blank.nm and replace the gloves nm with that one.
if that doesnt help then you will need to remove chromatic abberation mod

You mean i need the mod that removes chromatic abberation or need to remove it?
Cause i don't actually have it applied

I also tried giving the gloves a blank nm, it looked awfull and still had the effect on it as well
Well i think this red/black issue may be the abberation's fault.
Or it may be because of a messed up Alpha layer. If an Alpha Layer is done incorrectly it can produce weird effects like that.
(05-25-2015, 01:11 PM)LASTBULLET_GREAT BIG BUSHY BEARD Wrote: Or it may be because of a messed up Alpha layer. If an Alpha Layer is done incorrectly it can produce weird effects like that.

Well, to be fair i kinda made the alpha full black so that no shine effect is caused, cause i like it that way
The most notable thing i hate about this glove effect though is that it makes the gray gloves look half brown in light, which upon inspection still seems to follow the burn mark thing
the color changes should be lighting or shader effects of the game tho.
Wel i'm stupid so it is
It shows that i barely know everything about textures and shit yet
Now i wonder how i can stop it from happening
I understand it's because my texture is so dark it screws with the lighting but i want to keep this gray
I just don't understand why it turns out brown