This version of ExpandTheGungeon has been retired. Further updates to the mod will be found here:
Note this version of the mod will require BepInEx version of ModTheGungeon. You can find BepInEx and the BepInEx version of MTG in the following links:
Please uninstall ModTheGungoen before attempting to use this BepInEx version of MTG!
NOTICE: If you have issues getting the mod to work rename the zip file so it's ExpandTheGungeon.zip (or extracted folder ExpandTheGungeon if you run it extracted) incase the appended file name that ModWorkShop creates causes issues for you.
NOTICE2: If you have "GGB" version of MTG installed please ensure you update it to 1.1.2 or later if you haven't done so already:
The Sonic Companion item will not operate correctly with versions of GGB prior to this. If you don't have GGB installed you can ignore this as the added check for the item in 2.5.7 should ensure it will work with normal version of MTG.
Expand The Gungeon is a mod that "expands" the Gungeon. :D
This mod is similar to official DLC. This mod adds a new custom secret floor accessible from 4th floor and adds many new custom room designs and features a new custom boss! Full feature set detailed below:
Source Code for this mod as well as the wWise and Unity Editor project files to generate the sound bank and custom asset bundle can be found here:
Updated version of old Anywhere mod. Use load_flow to load a DungeonFlow. Command syntax is mostly the same as old anywhere mod. Use "load_flow help" in console to get help on how to use this command.
Three new secret floors! With brand new tilesets pulled from unused tilesets from old versions of the game.
Glitch Chests now take player to a full floor with glitched enemies instead of just a simple 3 room floor that goes direct to the boss.
Fixed pit generated under sell creep on floor 4. Pit edge decoration of floor tiles near left side of sell creep is no longer missing.
Fixed issue intreduced in FTA update that made it trouble-some to drop passives into sell creep in Bello's shop.
Added "Junk" enemies. A small chance a floor could have 1 or 2 critters that spawn Junk or Ammo when killed depending on which enemy was spawned. This was an idea from TheTurtleMelon so credits to him for this one.
Added custom rooms to room tables used by most floors. This adds new room layouts to the game! Most room designs courtasy of TheTurtleMelon!
A glitched elevator has a small chance of appearing on the floor. This takes the player to a glitch chest floor. Can only appear on rooms 1-4 and can only appear once in a run.
The few Winchester gun game rooms that were missing icons now have icons. This oversight from original game devs has been fixed.
Custom secret rooms. Staring with a ultra tiny secret room that is the smallest possible size (2x2). This secret room can appear in places you won't expect one to fit so be on the look out!
Glitch Floors have "corrupted" appearence via addition of sprite objects that use random tile map sprites.
Additions/Improvements to DD20 modifiers:
- Rat's Revenge now spawn rat traps instead of flame traps.
- Infamous bug with Zone Control possibly soft locking the player if teleported out of room is fixed.
- Don't Blink is changed to have enemies have stone effect instead of boring stun effect.
- Blobulon Rancher can now spawn poisulins as well as the normal blobulins.
- Two new DD20 modifiers. "Apache Thunder's Revenge". A custom modifier that has most of the Chaos mode mayhem from ChaosGlitchMod!. The second modifier is "Triple Trouble. A modifier for the Trigger Twins boss. As you can guess a third trigger twin will spawn.
- Custom items!:
- "Baby Good Hammer". An active item companion that summons a Dead Blow Forge Hammer to do your bidding! Thanks to Retrash for providing the item sprite.
- "Corruption Bomb". A powerful bomb that corrupts the reality around you. Corrupted enemies can no longer attack. May have suprising effects on other objects. Test it out on things if you dare!
- "Table Tech Assassin". Tables flipped by enemies are betrayed by their tables. Tabled flipped by enemies explode.
- "Corrupted Junk". Junk warped by corruption. May grant player an obscene amount of a random consumable.
- "Cronenberg Bullets". Bullets that have a chance to transmorgify enemies into a horrible cronenberg abomination. Sprite work courtasy of Neighborino!
- "Mimiclay". Special item dropped by custom boss on custom secret floor. One time use active item. Clones another active or passive when used while said active/passive is spawned/near the player. This item idea/code was created thanks to Retrash.
- "The Lead Key". Special active item taht will teleport the player to a new room not normally connected to the floor. Small chance of beign a shop, shrine, or chest room.
- "The Bullet Kin Gun". Fires Bullet Kin....No further explenation needed.
- "Baby Sitter". Companion item that gives you the COOP cultist as a non playable friend. Like Cop, he can die. When this happes you get curse and damage up.
- "Rock Slide". Causes rocks to fall on your enemies! Amount of rocks is random. Sometimes all enemies get targeted while other times only a few do.
- "Pow Block". Flips enemies and makes them easier to kill. Flipped enemies can no longer attack.
- "Cursed Brick". Significantly increases Wall Mimic spawn rate. Chance for more items but at what cost? :P
Certain NPCs and objects and even a copy of the player can appear as enemies on glitch floors.
An unused trap "Alarm Mushroom" has been revived and made usable. It currently appears in random rooms on the Mines, the floor the trap object was intended to appear on.
New type of elevator added. A small elevator that can take the player to another room on the floor. Used as a entrance elevator to the secret glitched elevator room on Hollow.
1 new Custom Boss! Can be found on my custom secret floor!
Tweaks to Boss Rush mode and addition of Miniboss rush!. Forge boss rush floor now uses the correct boss foyer room. First floor boss rush now has a second path that you can go through to fight all the minibosses! Use the elevator shaft to access it!. Also, the curse shrine has been added so that players can do 9 curse boss rush runs.
Ability to save certain mod settings to txt file. ExpandTheGungeon_Settings.txt file is generated in game's resources folder. You can do this either by using the console command "expand savesettings" or using the switch found in the entrance room of floor 1.
Ability to start game with certain languages that normally break ModTheGungeon's Console/GUI text. Lanugages like Korean, Japanese, and Chinease normally cause the console to become unusable and nearly unreadable if the game starts up in these languages. A language override settings is added so you can still have it automatically use these languages at start up without having to constantly toggle the game back to English before exiting the game!. Just set the game to the language you want to use, then use this console command: "expand togglelanguagefix". Using this command automatically saves the mod settings along with the current game lanugage to the mod's settings txt file which gets loaded on startup. When the language override feature is enabled, the mod will see this in the txt file, then force the game to English to prevent any previous language setting from breaking console. Then delayed code runs to wait for you to select a character. Once a character is selected on the breach, it sets the game back to the language you want to use. This saves you the time of having to do this in the menus constantly! Note that using the command while the feature is enabled will disable the feature and reset the game back to English. (this also gets saved to the settings file. so you will need to set the game back to your intended language before enabling the feature again so that it saves the language again)
Versions of Enter the Gungeon required:
This mod is intended for post Farewell to Arms version of the game. Please ensure your game is up to date before attempting to use this mod.
- KyleTheScientist, Zatherz, Abe Clancy, and PlaguedPixel for their help/code for improving/making certain features possible.
- TheTurtleMelon for name idea of mod and for custom room designs used on normal floors. He is also reponsible for all the custom rooms/room theming on the new Jungle floor.
- Retrash for the Baby Good Hammer item sprite and item idea/code/sprite for Mimiclay.
- Charcola for the Table Tech Assassin sprite design.
- Neighborino for help making sprites for the Cronenberg monsters that Cronenberg Bullets transform enemies into. He has also provided some additional room designs.
- GoldenRevolver for working on restoring West Bros Boss and setting up the guns they use and the new custom guns they drop when killed.
- GoldenRevolver for helping me optimize some code here and there. :D
- blazeykay for creating the sprite used by the item "The Third Eye".
- SmilingMustache for the Clown kin sprites! :D
- Dallan for the item sprite used for Portable Elevator.
- SomeBunny for the portable ship item sprite.
- 캔디 케인(C4ndy_cane) for all the custom level music added to this mod!