Create and share custom characters with friends!
Also adds Franseis, an NPC who randomizes your loadout and stats, and a character randomizer shrine to the breach.
How To Use
- Install the mod (instructions below) and make sure you delete mods.txt if it exists
- Launch the game. This will create a folder in your Enter The Gungeon directory (NOT MODS, ONE FOLDER UP) called CustomCharacterData
If it does not create the folder when you launch the game, you have installed incorrectly. Please read the instructions again thoroughly.
- Put the character's zip file into the CustomCharacterData folder
- Launch the game, and open the console with ~, /, or F2. A list of available characters should appear in green.
- Use the command character <characterName> to switch characters. For example: "character bartender"
- You can also use character2 <characterName> to switch the second player's character. This is pretty buggy so don't whine to me if it doesn't work right
### [Video tutorial of character installation](https://i.imgur.com/nCui1Ro.mp4)
I've included a guide on how to install/create custom characters in the file download section. Please read it! It took a long time to write.
# Where to get sprites
Farewell to Arms TK2DSprite Dump here (Most sprites in the game are in here)
Farewell to Arms DFSprite Dump here. (UI sprites like Bosscards are in here)
# Mod Installation
- Download Mod the Gungeon at: http://modthegungeon.eu/#download
- Make sure Enter the Gungeon is closed
- Open ETGMod.Installer.exe and press "Step 3: Install ETGMod"
- Close dat thang
- Go to your Enter the Gungeon Steam directory, usually located at:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Enter the Gungeon\"
- If there is not one already, create a folder called "Mods"
- Drag CustomCharacters.zip into the Mods folder
- If there is a "mods.txt" file in the Mods folder, delete it
- The directory should look like this: "Enter The Gungeon/Mods/CustomCharacters.zip
Then launch the game. If Mod the Gungeon installed correctly, you can press F1 to see the list of active mods.
Open the console with ~ or / to enter commands.
Type help for a list of commands.
[b]If you're having issues, you can post a question in the Enter the Gungeon discord server's #modding channel, where I'm most active.
This mod works with the Farewell to Arms update
Thanks to SpecialAPI for maintaining the codebase while I enjoy retirement
Thanks to Neighborino for coming up with the idea for the random character shrine and helping me make it!
Nevernamed (after whom my firstborn shall be named) made a video feature of this mod!