I wonder if there are mods that'll have animations during interactions

As much as I didn't enjoy Payday 3, I really liked how they implemented animations for mundane tasks, such as bagging loot, swiping a keycard, tying civvies, and more

Animations like that just breathes life into the playing experience, but sadly I havent seen such implementation, Id absolutely pay for that kind of thing frfr

Replies

It's not possible without modifying a lot of the game's code as well as adding new code entirely. Firstperson animations are all tied to whatever gun you're using. The gun has its own folder of animations, and to add extra animations for every single damn weapon this game has would just be too much. Also you'd have to edit the weapon's animation_subset files which is its own lengthy process.

There's also the requirement of editing every single object you can interact with to account for the animations. Telling the game "this interact requires the keycard swipe", "this interaction requires the bagging animation", etc isn't exactly very good. Also some interactions are map specific, so editing the maps would also be a necessity.

To put it simply; your idea sounds simple, but it's far from simple to work on.

Payday 3 just folded the weapon and added the separate animation, isn't that what would require to do this?

28 699